Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

Father's Day Key Chain


Alright, it's day two of my great  crazy idea to do Father's Day Week and post a new DIY Father's Day gift idea each day! The good news though....I LOVE how this turned out and can't wait to give it to the hubs!

Here's what you need:
Wooden Tag
Picture
Scrapbook Paper
Mod Podge & Foam Brush
Key Ring
Ink Distress Pad & Sand Paper
 Leather Lace & Thread (Optional)


Step One:
Print your desired text onto your scrapbook paper. I used The Proclamation of the Family and formatted my text to print over my desired paragraph. (This took a few attempts to get it perfect, I'm not gonna lie!)


Step Two:
Trace and cut out the tag shape& hole from your photo and paper


Step Three & Four:
Ink distress and sand the edges of your paper. I choose not to ink distress my picture and only sanded the very edges so I would not scratch the photo. Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to your paper and then place onto wooden tag.


 Crap...Oh Wait I Like That Moment:
While lightly rubbing the paper to make sure there were no bubbles a bit of the ink from my words rubbed off. I had a momentary freak out then realized I really like how it was "roughing up" the words...so I rubbed a little more! Seal top with a think layer of Mod Podge when dry.
-

Step Five:
Once completely dry flip your wooden tag over and Mod Podge on your picture. Seal as mentioned above and allow to dry. I did a second coat just around the edges of the wooden tag to prevent images from lifting.


Step Six:
Once everything is totally and completely dry attach key ring. You can end here if you'd like but I wanted to add some leather lace.
(I think that is as embellished as the hubs would allow!)


Adding Leather Lace:
I just cut my lace to the size I wanted and used a needle to thread through one side. Tie a knot at the end of your thread, leaving a long tail past the knot and pull through.
Wrap your thread around and around and around! Tie a knot with the thread you're holding and the tail left behind the 1st knot buried under the wrapped thread.
Trim the tails and wipe a little bit of Mod Podge over the knot are to help secure


You're Done and now have a super cute Father's Day Key Chain!