Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

IPhone Magnets

This project is for the geek in us all.   Do you know someone who is obsessed with their IPhone?   Make some Iphone app magnets for them. Made with printed online images of the apps onto white cardstock and some Dimensional Magic they are simple and easy to customize. 


Supplies:
Square magnets
Mod Podge
Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
3M Sanding Sponge
Exacto Knife
Self-Healing Mat


1.   I had some magnets from a friend who is a pharmaceutical rep. He gave me a couple of sets years back that was just in my stash.   I used a razor blade to remove the drug logo from the magnet.



Note: If you can’t find square magnets you could always use Scrabble tiles to adhere your images to them and then add a magnet on the back.   They are not perfectly square but would work in a pinch.


3.   I cut out one of the icons and used Mod Podge to glue it in place.   The image is a tad larger than the magnet. (I had to use the Angry Birds icon because I think the fascination with the game is hilarious).


4.   After it was dry I flipped it over and using an Exacto knife and a self-healing mat I trimmed the excess.


5.   Then I used a 3M sanding sponge and sanded the edges of the paper downward (as to not remove the image from the magnet) to make it all nice and trimmed.


6.   Lightly coat the top of the image with regular Mod Podge to seal the image.   Once dry, spread Mod Podge Dimensional Magic on top starting around the edges and moving inward.   I put on as much DM as it will handle without running off the edge.   So it is a nice thick coat.  




7.   Leave it on a flat surface to dry for 24 hours.


8.   When dry the icons are imbedded under a shiny bubble.   Package them up and give them as a geeky gift.