Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

Make bookends and hit a home run.


This project is for one bookend! Duplicate each supply for a pair.


Step 1:
These are the supplies you need:

2 – 5 x 5″ wood
4 wood screws
Screw driver
Mod Podge
Baseball
Plaid Folk Art Paint, I used Licorice
Tape measure and/or Ruler
Foam Brush
Drill
Self Stick Rubber Pads
Pencil


Step 2:
Measure about 1 1/2″ in @ each end, from the left and right sides.
Drill a hole; I used a counter sink bit.
Next hold the Drilled 5″ x 5″ wood upright to the other piece (Base).
Insert an Awl through the hole, penetrating into the base – this will make for better contact when assembled.


Step 3:
Paint both wood piece with the Licorice.  Folk Art paint dries so fast!


Step 4:
Decoupage the paper and cardstock!
This is the step where all the cut pieces of paper will be decoupaged.
Tip: I suggest using Mod Podge tools for ease and accuracy.
I like to lay out everything as seen in the photo. This way I know what pieces will be decoupaged to the right area.
I used a nice green textured cardstock for the outside and edges of the bookend.
Then I mounted the vintage images last.
Let dry for at least 15 minutes.


Step 5:
Seal both pieces.
I love using Folk Art Water Base Varnish (792 Satin Finish).  This Varnish dries in 15 minutes.
Apply two coats and set it aside for another 15 minutes of drying.
Clean up is so easy. . . soap and water!


Step 6:
Ready to Assemble!
Attach 2 screws into the bottom base using a screwdriver.
Base is done! Easy . . .
You can use industrial glue like E6000 to attach the baseball in place
OR:
I eyeballed where the contact point was and drilled through the upright piece and then screwed the baseball into place.
Either way works, though “I am a perfectionist at times” and attached the baseball with a screw.
Last step: Attach four self stick rubber pads to the base.
Tip: This keeps the bookend from moving.


Bookend is completed. I think I hit a home run with this project!
Try different variations to fit your liking . . .